Tenrox by Upland Cloud based Project Management Software
We wrote about Tenrox back in 2012: Tenrox Project Management and Professional Services Automation Software
Today Tenrox is part of Upland Software and continues to be true to its initial inception: cloud, workflow-driven, modular solution that empowers project workforces locally while providing visibility globally. Tenrox solutions make it possible for organizations to manage their globally dispersed customers, projects and teams regardless of their time zone or physical location, eliminating the spreadsheets and custom-built applications enterprises use to fill the gaps caused by disconnected inadequate systems. Integration with leading accounting, payroll, financial, CRM, and project management systems is built-in.
There are three distinct Tenrox solutions available:
1. Project Workforce Management: Plan and budget for portfolios and projects, manage demand and resource scheduling, forecast resource utilization, track project time and all other job costs; report on project financials.
2. Professional Services Automation (PSA): Gain real-time visibility into your resource utilization, project status, cost and revenue; manage your practices, projects and resources; reduce project execution costs; accelerate project billing.
3. TIMESHEET.COM: Track time and expenses in the cloud for client billing, project time tracking, project costing, time and attendance for payroll processing.
Tenrox Project Workflows available under their Project Management and PSA solutions is of particular interest. It facilitates project request and life cycle management and enhance project planning, and reporting. Numerous project lifecycle workflow templates are available out of the box and you have the capability to modify and adapt the workflow to your organization particular requirements through a graphical user interface:
- Based on Windows Workflow Foundation
- Browser based �Click and Drag� Workflow Designer
- Workflow Mapping allows workflows to interact with one another (e.g. a risk can become an issue)
An excellent project management software is such that it can be integrated to existing systems. Tenrox supports out of the box integration (No custom programming is required for standard integration) to accounting systems (Great Plains, Navision, Solomon, Sage MAS, Accpac, Peachtree, Pro (SBT), SAP Business One, Epicor, QuickBooks, Intacct), payroll (ADP, Ceridian, Paychex), ERP (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, Epicor), project planning (Microsoft Project), management and collaboration (SharePoint), CRM (Salesforce.com and Microsoft CRM), HR (Taleo), and much more.
In terms of compliance, regulatory reporting automation, and audit preparation; Tenrox can facilitate organizations to support:
- Cost Accounting Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
- Sarbanes Oxley Effective Internal Controls (SOX)
- Labor Compliance Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- European Working Time Directive (EWTD)
- California Wage Laws
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Revenue recognition
- United States' per diem (FAR) regulations
- Expensing or capitalizing software costs (SOP 98)
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Tax Incentive Program Canada
For more information, you can turn to this video, we love the cartoon at approximately 30 secs...
Tenrox continues to offer implementation and consulting services such that every software installation is tailored to the specific needs of each individual organization. Software pricing is not available on their web site but rather you need to establish contact with them.
Posted on September 21, 2014